Sunday, July 19, 2009

Move to Morenci



Well this will be the first blog of hopefully many! We all know how well my student teaching blog went. Being that I will be spending a lot more time alone I hope to have more time to keep this up to date. My goal is to post once a week at least.
I was offered the position the end of May, but didn't want to Jinks anything. I had not taken the AEPA yet so I wanted to make sure the whole thing was all a go! Well luckily I passed the test my first time around.
Well I just moved to Morenci, Arizona for a fifth grade teaching position. The house that I am going to be renting is a three bedroom and one bath. It is perfect for me! I am going to be living in the house by myself. This will give me time to get all my school work done. It is a mining town to the west of Phoenix. It is about four hours away, near a town called Safford. It is about thirteen miles from the New Mexico border. In this town there is a Bashas, hardware store, single theatre, public pool, and a few small restaurants.

I made my move on July 9th. It was quiet the chore, packing and unpacking. I was lucky enough to have Trevor, Cali, Alan, Allison, and Chris. We packed and loaded everything in the Uhaul in one night. The next day Mom, Steven and I made the move to Morenci. I got my house, appliances, electric, and water all that day. Then Steven and I were able to unload the Uhaul by ourselves that night. Also we painted my room. We were wiped when the night was over! The wall unit was HEAVY!

On Friday I was able to get the appliances delivered and the gas turned on. Doug came up Friday morning. By the time Dougie got here we had a lot done. But we still needed his help on a lot of stuff. Doug was able to hang all the blinds and curtains. I guess the walls here are really hard, so it is hard to get nails and screws in the wall. We also painted the living room. I had Doug, Mom, and Steven to help me for 3 days, then I was on my own.
I got to stay on my own Sunday night. It was really weird being all alone. I like triple checked all the doors. So Monday the cable guy was coming to turn on the cable and internet. They told me someone would be here at 8am to 12pm... Well the guy did not show up until 5:30pm. I was not real happy, but then I had the internet!
Which leads me to the next blog... Stay tuned for the exciting news that came next!

No comments:

Post a Comment